Product Reviews: My Skincare Regimen
by Jen White
Hey guys! I’ve been wanting to make a post about the products I use on my skin, and I’ve finally been able to sit down and write out these mini-reviews for you. My skin is pretty oily, and I definitely struggle with acne from time to time (I thought I was done with it when I graduated high school, but it keeps coming back!) The Clean & Clear line does an amazing job of keeping that under control.
While you’re looking through these products, remember: the number one way to keep that glow and freshness to you skin (especially your face) is by drinking TONS of water. I have a liter-size Camelbak water bottle that I carry with me everywhere and I try to drink it at least 6 or 7 times a day (more if it’s really hot outside, thanks Florida.) Other than that, these are my go-to products to keep my skin looking clean and fresh!
1. Jergens Soothing Aloe Refreshion Moisturizer: I’ve used my fair share of body lotions in my 20 years – Bath & Body Works mostly. What I’ve found is that the lotions that are really good for your skin are the boring ones that you find at the drugstore – no need to get fancy. Body lotions that smell good are fun, but I’d rather have smooth and soft legs than flaky legs that smell good. Thankfully, I’ve finally found the body lotion that is extremely moisturizing that also smells so good. Best of both worlds, right there. My search for the perfect lotion is over.
2. Burt’s Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter: I’m sure you all know how painful it is to face a dry room (or the dead of the Chicago winter, hello NU friends!) with dry and cracked lips. I’ve always been a huge fan of Burt’s Bees lip products, but their nourishing mango butter lip balm is my absolute favorite. It’s like having a little sip of mango smoothie while also keeping your lips nice and moist. Yum!
3. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer: Finding a good facial moisturizer is pretty difficult, especially for people with oily skin like myself. My prescription acne medication tends to make my face really dry though, so it’s been a balancing act to find something that will make my skin feel moisturized but not super weighed down. Clean & Clear made this face lotion probably as an answer to my dreams – it’s so light, dries really fast, and makes my skin feel completely boosted and replenished without weighing it down. This stuff is a gift from the face lotion gods.
4. TimeWise Repair Volu-Firm Night Treatment With Retinol: For the days when my everyday Clean & Clear face lotion can’t do the trick (looking at you, dry Chicago winter air), this MaryKay lotion works wonders. I use it as a spot treatment on parts of my face that get super dry, leave it on overnight, and it usually fixes any flakiness by the morning. It’s pretty expensive, but I’ve made it last for a while, and it’s a lifesaver.
5. Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub: Every now and then I use this on my face in the shower if I feel like my pores have been really clogged with makeup recently. It definitely has menthol in it because it leave my skin feeling kind of fresh, cold and tingly (in a good way!) I wouldn’t use it every day, but it really works well if you use it every now and then. Remember to moisturize afterwards!
6. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser: This is my number one, go-to skincare product I’ve ever owned. If I need to pack light and can’t bring anything else, I bring this (It also comes in little travel size tubes! So cute!) I wash my face with this every morning when I wake up and sometimes right before I go to bed. It’s got little bursting beads in it which are impossible to describe except that they make your face feel incredibly fresh without stripping it completely of its natural oils. I most definitely give this product a 10/10.
Do you guys have any skincare products that you swear by? Let me know and I’ll be sure to check them out!
~ follow me on Instagram @style.and.sunshine for new looks, fashion & beauty picks, and little glimpses into my life ~